If you’re trying to bulk upload contacts, we recommend using Microsoft Excel for the best results, but we understand that many users use OpenOffice as well.
In order to bulk upload, you must use our CSV template. You can download this here.
When you attempt to open a CSV file with OpenOffice, you will see this window along with all of the spreadsheet data in one column:
Please follow these steps to correctly view the file:
- Go to Separator options
- Click the radio button to the left of Separated by
- You will notice under Fields that the text is no longer in one column, but that Email Address is separated into two columns
- To correct this, un-check the box for space
- To separate the rest of the jumbled data, check the box for Comma
- Click OK
- You should now be able to see your file correctly
Be sure to save the file that you plan to upload in CSV format – this is the only file type accepted by the bulk uploader. You can find more details about the bulk uploader here.
If you followed the instructions above and you are still having issues with your file, please contact our Support Desk. Our contact details can be found below.